This ooey gooey low-carb dessert will have you begging for more!
This is for the most luxurious, decadent dessert I've seen in a while for a low-carb recipe: Chocolate Molten Cake!
It has just 5g net carbs and will satisfy that chocolate lover in you! ENJOY!
CHOCOLATE MOLTEN CAKE
6 tablespoons butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon Atkins Bake Mix, CarbQuik, or your favorite low carb bake mix
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
8 packets sugar substitute (preferably Splenda)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375º F. Generously grease four 6 ounce custard cups with shortening and dust with bake mix. Place cups on a baking sheet.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in bake mix. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. With an electric mixer on high, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar substitute and vanilla until almost firm peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. In three additions, fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Divide batter in cups.
5. Bake 8-9 minutes until toothpick inserted near edge comes out clean and inserted in center comes out with batter. Cool 3 minutes. Run knife around edge, turn upside down to release onto serving plates. Serve immediately
Carbohydrates: 7 grams Net Carbs: 5 grams Fiber: 2 grams Protein: 6 grams Fat: 30 grams calories: 313
My oh my oh my! I think I'll be heading to the grocery store today! LOL!
The only change I might make to the recipe is to use ChocoPerfection bars instead of the unsweetened chocolate. Their rich flavor would really add a lot to this recipe!
THANK YOU again, Elaine at Low-Carb Connoisseur, for the great recipe! We're not worthy! :)